Do you enjoy playing online casino card games but are unsure of where to begin? We’ll help you get started. Casino card games are one of the many variations of casino games and in this article, we have compiled the best online casino card games and how to play them.
Blackjack is the most popular casino card game. It is so popular that almost anyone has either heard of the game, played the game, or has seen it being played.
How to Play Blackjack
- Get your cards dealt: you get two cards dealt to you by the dealer. In this step, the dealer will show one of his cards to you.
- Proceed to place a side bet on things like colors, and pairs. The reason is that it is a great way to increase your wins. There is an important side bet and it is called ‘‘insurance‘‘, and it is offered only if the dealer‘s first card is an Ace and is up to half your initial wager with a payout.
- Figure out when you want to ‘hit‘, and get the value of your hand increased. If you cross 21, however, and go ‘bust‘, you lose your money. If you cross the values of 16 or 17, you should decide if you want to take a risk. This part decides whether you end up winning or losing
- You can decide to Stand if are ready to play your hand and you are satisfied with it. This way, the dealer knows that this is your final hand. Simply meaning that you will not be taking any more cards from them and will play with this.
- Study your opponent‘s hand: you should analyze your dealer‘s hand. You can already see their first card and you understand the value. If you have a hand with a higher value, then you have a great chance of winning against the dealer.
- The Outcome: you will win if the value of the cards in your hand is higher than the dealer‘s hands or if your hand is equal to 21. If the value of your hand is less than the dealer‘s hand, or if the value of your hand is not equal to 21, then you automatically lose your wager to the dealer.
Baccarat is a casino card game that is also popular and played for some of the highest stakes around the world. When playing baccarat, you must place a bet on the banker, the player or a tie. After a bet has been placed, the gameplay then continues by adhering to strict rules making this one of the easiest casino card games to play.
The goal is to make sure that you get up to 9 or as close to 9 as possible. If the number is above 9, then automatically, your score drops. For example, if you have a score of 11, your score measures only up to 1 meaning that the first number has no value and will not be regarded in summing up the scores.
How to Play Baccarat
- You may place their bet on either side. One is the Banker‘s hand and the other is the Player‘s hand.
- Know how the cards are dealt: two cards are first dealt to the Player and the Banker. A player or casino operator that holds the shoe slides a card out and places it face up in the Player‘s box. This is repeated for the Banker and placed in the Banker‘s Box. After which the house deals another Player card then a second Banker card. The first card consists of two cards for the Player and the Banker.
- Announce the point total of both sets of cards.
- The natural win is when the cards dealt have a sum up to a value of 8 or 9.
- The Player’s hand is completed first. If the Player has a total of 8 or 9, there would be no need for additional cards. But if the Player stands on a total of 6 or 7 or on any other total from 0 to 5, the Player has to draw a third card. Unless the Banker has beaten the Player to it, in which case, the Banker emerges the winner with no draw.
3 Card Poker
3 card poker as the name would imply is a game where you play a three-card poker against a dealer’s hand. In this game, the dealer has to qualify with a queen high or better in order to be able to pay off the raised bet.
How to Play 3-Card Poker
- The player places an ante wager.
- Three cards are dealt face down to each player and the dealer. You are only up against the dealer and not the other players.
- The optimum strategy says the player should play all hands greater than Queen, Six, and Four and fold all hands worse. The player will look at his hand and decide whether to place a wager and it has to be equal to the amount that has been placed as an ante wager.
- If a player folds, the hand is over and the dealer automatically wins and collects the player’s ante wager and pair plus wager
- If the dealer at any point in the game has a jack-high or worse, the starting wager is returned to the player. If the dealer has a hand of Queen-high or better, then the wager and ante wager will have to be paid out at 1 to 1.
- If the dealer’s hand is higher, both the ante wager and play bets are collected.
4 Card Poker
It is very much similar to 3-card poker except in 4-card poker, the dealer always qualifies and the players may bet up to three times their ante wager when staying in the game. The dealer receives 6 cards with one face up and the other 5 cards face down while the player receives 5 cards. Bonuses are paid for certain hands and there are side bets available.
How to Play 4 Card Poker
- Before the game begins, every player places an ante wager.
- A hand of 5 will be dealt to each player face down to make the best four-card hand. The dealer receives 6 cards face down.
- After viewing their 5 cards, they have the option to either fold or play (raise)
- After the players have taken action on their hands, the dealer will reveal and announce his/her 4-card poker hand.
- The players and the dealer will compare hands. If your hand beats or ties the dealer’s hands, you win. If your hand loses to the dealer’s hand, then you lose your ante and play bets.
This is by far one of the easiest casino card games and how to play it is super simple. You simply place a bet and receive a face-up card. The dealer then receives a card face-up. The card that’s higher wins.
If you win, you get paid and if you lose, you would have to give up your entire wager. If by any chance, the game ends in a tie, you can choose to either fold and get back half of your bet or you can double your bet and go to war.
How to Play Casino War
- Each player must place a wager
- The player wins if their card is greater than the dealer’s card. If the player’s card ties that of the dealer’s card, the player has to make one of two choices: go to war or surrender.
- If the player “goes to war”, they will place an additional amount that is equal to the original wager next to the original wager. The dealer does the same then they “go to war.”
- The dealer burns three cards and delivers the next card face-up. This continues until the dealer has a second card and if the dealer’s second card. If the player’s second card is greater than the dealer’s second card, the player wins and walks away with all three wagers.
- If the card is a tie, the dealer will place an additional amount that is equal to the original wager and the player gets to keep all four wagers.
- Players can place a separate Tie wager, this bets that their first card will tie the dealer’s first card. A winning tie wager pays 10 times the initial wager.
It is important for you to note that cards have their ranking in the casino war.
Vegas Three Card Rummy
In this casino card game, the goal is to get a lower score than the dealer. The player and the dealer each receive three cards and the total is calculated for each hand.
However, the player must place a bet to start and an additional wager to stay in the hand after they receive their cards. A side wager bet is also available as a side bonus that can be wagered on. When a player stays in the hand and has less than the dealer, they win and get rewarded evenly.
How to Play Vegas Three Card Rummy
- It is mandatory that you place an ante bet.
- You and the dealer will get 3 cards each.
- Your cards are dealt face-up and the dealer’s cards are dealt face-down.
- You can either fold or place the bet
- If you choose to bet, then the dealer shows their cards.
- The Ace is the lowest card in the deck.
- If you have the lowest card, you win.
7 Card Stud
The game starts with each player placing an ante and receiving two cards face down and one card face up, (making it three cards in total) by a betting round. The other three cards are dealt to each player face up followed by rounds of betting and finally, the seventh and final card is dealt face down to each player followed by the final betting round. 7 card stud can be played for high or low.
How to Play 7 Card Stud
- You can play with 2-8 players. Although rare, you can run out of cards on the last round of betting if you have 8 players in the game. This will only happen if nobody folds.
- Decide on who the dealer will be. You can rotate the dealing duties around the table. There are no set rules on who the dealer should be.
- Set the initial wagers,
- Enter the game with an ante wager. You have to agree on the starting bet before the first round
- Move clockwise as you place your bets.
- Have the player with the highest exposed cards start the betting process.
- Keep your “hole cards” hidden from the other players. Hole cards are your face-down cards.
- Build the best 5-card hand you can to win. Cards like a straight flush or 4 of a kind will bring you a sure win.
The list of casino card games cannot be exhausted, however, we have made a list of the top choices. You can familiarize yourself with the popular ones we have listed in the article.
These games are either factored by skill or luck; sometimes with one more than the other but the technicality involved in playing them is not difficult to learn. We believe you would have no trouble finding a game to play and having a good time.